The project involves the construction of a pre-engineered, metal, general aviation hangar with adjoining buildings on three sides for workshops, offices, and storage space for ground support equipment (GSE). The project will be located on approximately eight acres of undeveloped airport land along Norcom Road by the approach end of Runway 24.
Major elements of the project include:
- Aircraft hangar (± 40,000 square feet)
- Support space (± 15,000 square feet)
- Access roads w/ gates (main entrance and a deliveries entrance)
- Auto parking (±60 spaces)
- Aircraft parking ramp (±80,000 square feet)
- Access taxiways/signage (±900 linear feet, plus optional ±300)
- Aircraft fuel storage/handling (2 x 20,000 gallon above-ground storage tanks)
Ancillary elements of the project include site preparation, utility connections, stormwater management, perimeter/security fencing and lighting.