Gordon Butte Pumped Storage
PROJECT WEBSITE: http://www.gordonbuttepumpedstorage.com/
All dates below are specific to the schedule of the Environmental Review and Permitting processes for this project.
ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING STATUS
COMPLETION DATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING
Gordon Butte Pumped Storage (Project No. 13642) is a proposal to construct an original, closed-loop pumped storage project that would provide 400 MW of generation capacity in Montana. The proposed project would consist of, among other facilities, an upper and lower reservoir each with an active storage of 4,070 acre-feet, a penstock, a powerhouse, two substations, and a 5.7 mile-long, 230-kilovolt transmission line.
Project Application and Supporting Documents
- Project Application, Volume I, FERC Docket No. P-13642 (filed 10/01/2015). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14017295.
- Additional Project-related filings and issuances can be found on FERC’s eLibrary website by searching under Docket No. P-13642.
Federal Agency Actions
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Application Ready for Environmental Analysis and Soliciting Comments, Recommendations, Terms and Conditions, and Prescriptions (issued 02/04/2016). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=14137996.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Environmental Assessment for Hydropower License (issued 09/27/2016). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=14363759.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Order Issuing Original License (issued 12/14/2016). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/file_list.asp?document_id=14521335.
- None filed.
To view Timetable chart, please turn device sideways (landscape)
The permitting timetable below displays data as reported by agencies. Dates for Environmental Review and Permitting processes (Actions) that are in 'Paused' or 'Planned' status are subject to change and are not indicative of a project's final schedule.
- For information about extensions, select an Action from the timetable below and select 'View Action Details' at the bottom of the page.
For additional information, please select an Action from the Permitting Timetable above.
- Responsible Agency:
- Action Status:
- Action Identifier:
- Action Outcome:
|Milestone||Original Target Date||Current Target Date||Milestone Complete|