Gordon Butte Pumped Storage (Project No. 13642) is a proposal to construct an original, closed-loop pumped storage project that would provide 400 MW of generation capacity in Montana. The proposed project would consist of, among other facilities, an upper and lower reservoir each with an active storage of 4,070 acre-feet, a penstock, a powerhouse, two substations, and a 5.7 mile-long, 230-kilovolt transmission line.
Project Application and Supporting Documents
- Project Application, Volume I, FERC Docket No. P-13642 (filed 10/01/2015). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14017295.
- Additional Project-related filings and issuances can be found on FERC’s eLibrary website by searching under Docket No. P-13642.
Federal Agency Actions
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Application Ready for Environmental Analysis and Soliciting Comments, Recommendations, Terms and Conditions, and Prescriptions (issued 02/04/2016). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=14137996.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Environmental Assessment for Hydropower License (issued 09/27/2016). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/IDMWS/common/opennat.asp?fileID=14363759.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Order Issuing Original License (issued 12/14/2016). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/file_list.asp?document_id=14521335.
- None filed.