Francis S. Gabreski Airport SheltAir Hangar Development, Environmental Assessment
All dates below are specific to the schedule of the Environmental Review and Permitting processes for this project.
ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING STATUS
COMPLETION DATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING
The proposed hangar redevelopment project consists of the following:
● Demolition of existing buildings on the SheltAir leasehold (an approximately 13,000 square foot hangar, a 3,500 square foot hangar, and a 1,200 square foot block building);
● Construction of a new approximately 23,000 square foot, single-story, pre-engineered aircraft hangar building and attached approximately 2,250 square foot space for offices, restrooms and other pilot services;
● Rehabilitation of the existing apron for aircraft parking and a vehicular parking area with 57 parking spaces;
● Stormwater infrastructure, lighting for aircraft and vehicular parking areas, and ancillary utility work; and
● 625 square feet of office space to be constructed if needed at a future date in an area on the southwest corner of the proposed hangar building. The impact analysis of this development was included in the evaluations for the overall project.
To view timetable chart, please turn device sideways (landscape)
The permitting timetable below displays data as reported by agencies. Dates for Environmental Review and Permitting processes (Actions) that are in 'Paused' or 'Planned' status are subject to change and are not indicative of a project's final schedule.
- For information about extensions, select an Action from the timetable below and select 'View Action Details' at the bottom of the page.
For additional information, please select an Action from the Permitting Timetable above.
- Responsible Agency:
- Action Status:
- Action Identifier:
- Action Outcome:
|Milestone||Original Target Date||Current Target Date||Milestone Complete|