Jordan Cove LNG Terminal and Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline
PROJECT WEBSITE: Jordan Cove LNG
All dates below are specific to the schedule of the Environmental Review and Permitting processes for this project.
ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING STATUS
ESTIMATED COMPLETION DATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING
SUBJECT TO CHANGE
The Jordan Cove LNG Project (Docket No. CP17-495-000) includes the construction and operation of a liquefied natural gas (LNG) export terminal on the North Spit of Coos Bay in Coos County, Oregon. The terminal would include gas inlet facilities, a metering station, a gas conditioning plant, five liquefaction trains and associated equipment, two full-containment LNG storage tanks, an LNG transfer line, LNG ship loading facilities, a marine slip, a marine offloading facility, a new access channel between the Coos Bay Navigation Channel and the new marine slip, and enhancements to the existing Coos Bay Navigation Channel at four turns. In addition, the terminal would include emergency and hazard, electrical, security, control, and support systems, administrative buildings, and a temporary workforce housing facility. The LNG terminal would be designed to liquefy about 1.04 billion cubic feet per day of LNG for export to markets across the Pacific Rim.
The Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline (Docket No. CP-17-494) includes the construction and operation an approximately 235-mile-long, 36-inch-diameter interstate natural gas transmission pipeline and associated aboveground facilities. The pipeline would originate near Malin in Klamath County, Oregon, traverse Douglas and Jackson Counties, and terminate (at the LNG Terminal) in Coos County, Oregon. The pipeline would be capable of transporting about 1.2 billion cubic feet per day of natural gas. The associated aboveground facilities would include the new Klamath Compressor Station (61,500 horsepower) near Malin, Oregon; 3 new meter stations; 5 new pig launchers and receivers; 17 mainline block valves; and a gas control communication system.
Fast-41 Initiation Notice
- Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=14710540.
Project Application and Supporting Documents
- Project Application for Jordan Cove LNG, FERC Docket No. CP17-495-000 (submitted 09/21/2017). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14687596.
- Project Application for Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline, FERC Docket No. CP17-494-000 (submitted 09/21/2017). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14687464.
- Additional Project-related filings and issuances can be found on FERC’s eLibrary website by searching under Docket Nos. CP17-494 and CP17-495.
Federal Agency Actions
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Applications (issued 10/05/2017). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/OpenNat.asp?fileID=14702836.
- The FERC is responsible for consulting with the FWS if the project may affect a listed endangered or threatened species and/or designated critical habitat. The purpose of the consultation is to assist FERC in meeting its duty to ensure that its action is not likely to jeopardize the continued existence of any listed species or result in the destruction or adverse modification of designated critical habitat. If consultation is required, upon completion of the consultation and no later than 135 days from the receipt of a complete biological assessment, FWS will provide FERC with either a letter of concurrence that the proposed project is not likely to adversely affect any listed species or a biological opinion.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Schedule for Environmental Review of the Project (issued 08/31/2018). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15013583.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Anticipated Schedule of Final Order for the Project (issued 08/31/2018). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15013578.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Revised Schedule for the Environmental Review and the Final Order for the Project (issued 02/28/2019). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15172047.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Draft Environmental Impact Statement (issued 03/29/2019). Document located at: https://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/enviro/eis/2019/03-29-19-DEIS.asp.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Notice of Revised Schedule for the Environmental Review and the Final Order for the Project (issued 09/27/2019). Document located at: http://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15363763.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Final Environmental Impact Statement (issued 11/15/2019). Document located at: https://www.ferc.gov/industries/gas/enviro/eis/2019/11-15-19-FEIS.asp.
- Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Order Granting Authorizations under Sections 3 and 7 of the Natural Gas Act (issued 03/19/2020). Document located at: https://elibrary.ferc.gov/idmws/common/opennat.asp?fileID=15487862.
- None filed.
For improved transparency, FERC is providing this supplemental table to reflect the additional federal authorizations that may be required for the Jordan Cove LNG Project.
|Additional Federal Agency Authorization Timetable for the Jordan Cove LNG and Pacific Connector Gas Pipeline Project|
|U.S. Coast Guard||Letter of Recommendation||Completed||Receipt of Letter of Intent: April 2006
Receipt of Water Suitability Assessment: 10/1/17
Letter of Recommendation to FERC: 5/10/18
Last updated March 28, 2020
To view Timetable chart, please turn device sideways (landscape)
The permitting timetable below displays data as reported by agencies. Dates for Environmental Review and Permitting processes (Actions) that are in 'Paused' or 'Planned' status are subject to change and are not indicative of a project's final schedule.
- For information about extensions, select an Action from the timetable below and select 'View Action Details' at the bottom of the page.
For additional information, please select an Action from the Permitting Timetable above.
- Responsible Agency:
- Action Status:
- Action Identifier:
- Action Outcome:
|Milestone||Original Target Date||Current Target Date||Milestone Complete|