Falls International Airport Phase III/IV Runway Reconstruction and Land Acquisition Environmental Assessment
All dates below are specific to the schedule of the Environmental Review and Permitting processes for this project.
ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING STATUS
COMPLETION DATE OF ENVIRONMENTAL REVIEW AND PERMITTING
Other Agencies with Actions or Authorizations:
Department of Transportation
The last major reconstruction project over the full length of the runway was more than 30 years ago. The EA will study alternatives to complete the runway reconstruction including maintaining airport operations during construction through use of a temporary runway on the taxiway. The various project elements anticipated as part of the proposed action include:
1. Reconstruction of Runway 13/31 and Taxiway Alpha
2. Clearing of the approach surfaces to Runway 13/31
3. Use of Taxiway Alpha as temporary Runway 14/32
4. Temporary closure of Runway 4/22
5. Relocation of the Upper Air Inflation Building (balloon launch facility) – one alternative to accomplish this includes acquisition of over three acres of land.
To view timetable chart, please turn device sideways (landscape)
The permitting timetable below displays data as reported by agencies. Dates for Environmental Review and Permitting processes (Actions) that are in 'Paused' or 'Planned' status are subject to change and are not indicative of a project's final schedule.
- For information about extensions, select an Action from the timetable below and select 'View Action Details' at the bottom of the page.
For additional information, please select an Action from the Permitting Timetable above.
- Responsible Agency:
- Action Status:
- Action Identifier:
- Action Outcome:
|Milestone||Original Target Date||Current Target Date||Milestone Complete|