USA logoAn Official Website of the United States Government

You are here

Special Use Permit

Responsible Agency POC: 
Rick Clark
WYDOT Statewide Liaison
Roadway Widening of US 14
Standard Permit
The Forest Service requires a special use permit for all uses and occupancies of National Forest System (NFS) lands with certain limited exceptions. The Agencys special-uses program authorizes uses on NFS land that provide a benefit to the general public and protect public and natural resource values. These uses cover a variety of activities ranging from individual private uses to large-scale commercial facilities and public services. Examples of authorized land uses include road rights-of-way accessing private residences and non-Federal lands, domestic water supplies and water conveyance systems, utility rights-of-way, communications uses, ski areas, resorts, marinas, outfitting and guiding services, and public parks and campgrounds. The Forest Service carefully reviews each application to determine how the request affects the publics use of NFS land.


Milestone Target Actual
Milestone Start - Special Use Permit 05/26/2016
Milestone End - Special Use Permit 01/31/2017